Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The 12 Days of Christmas

As someone who blogs about anime because I like it and hope to get others interested in the good parts of it, I enjoy receiving feedback when I have done a good job doing so. Which is why I smile when a RSS scraper site copies my posts. It's, of course, wrong of them but I like seeing that these people feel my blog is good enough to rip-off. This year saw one of the best and coolest means of feedback for this blog.



Time of Eve, or Eve no Jikan, was one of my Secret Santa 2012 picks and I wrote a of it last year. Beyond hoping the next work from the creators of Time of Eve -- would equally impress, I let the show recede in my memory because there's always more new and new-to-me anime to watch.




Fast forward several months and I read word that a for Time of Eve was started for it's international Blu-Ray release. Of course I zip on over and watch the pitch video at the top. I'm reading the quotes they're using - realizing I actually know and read the blogs they're quoting - when, 28 seconds in I begin reading " 'Thought-provoking, emotionally deep'" and think, hey, that sounds oddly familiar. I continue reading " 'perfect 12/12'" and think, hey, someone else uses a grading format like mine. I finish reading " 'The Nullset'" and think, hey, wait, that's me! I was on Cloud 9 for the next couple of days.



Not only does that mean at least one person associated with the Kickstarter read my review and teased out a quote worth using; but, everyone who watched the video saw it too and, maybe in some very small way, helped convince those people to contribute into making this most worthy Kickstarter a big success.



How cool is that. Cool enough, I'm putting it here as one of my top moments in anime from 2013.



So, to pick up from yesterday:



On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: the Time of Eve Kickstarter.

On the of Christmas, my true love gave to me: that publicity picture.



Tune in tomorrow to see what's next.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment