Monday, December 23, 2013

The 12 Days of Christmas

Just like last year, as we get nearer to Christmas, I'm surprised that I've gone from worrying about finding 12 moments worthy of being written about to worrying about how to cut things down to only 12 moments with the minimum of anguish about what had to be cut.



I'm tempted to pass this moment over. I don't have the type of ego that needs or wants the attention (from all 30-50 people who will read this); however, I am proud of how well I was able to intuit the results based on everything I knew about the songs and the voters. So, since I feel being authentic about my personal experiences with anime this year is important, I'm mentioning it today.




Today's moment is the moment I realized that I had, in fact, won Omo's . I never actually win contests or competitions. I sometimes place close like when I finished 12th out of more than 12000 high school juniors and seniors who competed in a yearly statewide test on American History. (Which helps explain why I'm a sucker for a good historical anime.) So, I'd be lying if I said winning didn't feel good.



I won't gloat though, therefore, I'll end today's moment here.



So, to pick up from yesterday:



On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: winning the Animusic Tournament Bracket Contest.

On the of Christmas, my true love gave to me: someone who understands me.

On the of Christmas, my true love gave to me: the best thing Bones ever did.

On the of Christmas, my true love gave to me: pearls from amongst the swine.

On the of Christmas, my true love gave to me: the freedom to go with the flow.

On the of Christmas, my true love gave to me: anime to get buzzed from.

On the of Christmas, my true love gave to me: that final musical montage.

On the of Christmas, my true love gave to me: discovered gems of the Animusic Tournament.

On the of Christmas, my true love gave to me: the Time of Eve Kickstarter.

On the of Christmas, my true love gave to me: that publicity picture.



Tune in tomorrow to see what's next.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment