Friday, December 20, 2013

The 12 Days of Christmas

The reasons to start watching and continuing watching an anime are many and various. If it's a good anime, the reasons are normally pretty self-evident. If it's not a particularly good anime the reasons could be the strangest thing.



Earlier this year I decided to start watching an anime series because it was being subbed by the group that had done Milky Holmes and they'd earned enough points, feels, props, etc. in my book that I was willing to watch what they wanted to sub themselves.




That series is and it's not a particularly good series. I, however, continue watching because it's only one cour, the subbers still deserve the time, and I find the setting - very early 20th century - to be interesting.



Those were my reasons to continuing to watch until the ninth episode.



It was a fairly normal episode, by it's standards until I saw this:



One of the single funniest lines of any anime that I watched this year. Hands down. This single scene made picking up Lime-iro Ryuukitan X Cross worth it. I'm picking this moment today because it was so funny and because it made me reflect upon why I decide to watch some anime and not others and what I'm missing as a result of these decisions.



Here's a gif I later made of the Deer King:



If I included older anime in my yearly best of lists then the Deer King would be a serious contender for Screen-grabber of the Year.



So, to pick up from yesterday:



On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: pearls from amongst the swine.

On the of Christmas, my true love gave to me: the freedom to go with the flow.

On the of Christmas, my true love gave to me: anime to get buzzed from.

On the of Christmas, my true love gave to me: that final musical montage.

On the of Christmas, my true love gave to me: discovered gems during the Animusic Tournament.

On the of Christmas, my true love gave to me: the Time of Eve Kickstarter.

On the of Christmas, my true love gave to me: that publicity picture.



Tune in tomorrow to see what's next.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment