Thursday, December 19, 2013

Holiday Cheer Tag!

It's 2 in the morning. I'm bored. Why not? (:



1) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY MOVIE?




- I watched The Santa Clause last year and kind of fell in love with it. The reason that I "kind of" fell in love with it is because it's a holiday movie that I enjoy watching, but I'm not quite sure if it's my favorite holiday movie. Since I don't watch a lot of Christmasy movies, this one will do for now.



2) DO YOU HAVE ANY HOLIDAY TRADITIONS?



- When I was little and used to live with my cousins, we would open presents after coming home from mass (church) on Christmas Eve & then take pictures in front of the Christmas tree. The presents were simple, but it made me happy to know that my aunt (cousin's mom) cared about me enough to get me something. Christmas back in the early 2000 s was very lonely for me because that's when my parents & I just moved to the US. We didn't have friends or know anyone well enough to receive gifts or give presents. Thus, it made me feel less lonely to see my name on beautifully wrapped boxes on Christmas Eve.



3) FAVORITE HOLIDAY CANDY?



- My elementary school had a "Santa Shoppe" store around Christmas time of every year. My first purchase from the shop was a SweeTarts candy cane. I thought it was the best candy cane ever because I didn't enjoy the original minty ones. Since then, I used to buy a box every year. However, I became an anti-sugar person when puberty hit (acne, ya know?) so I stopped buying them.



4) FAVORITE WINTER CANDLE SCENT?



- It's gotta be Lavender Vanilla from Bath & Body Works. I don't like floral candle scents because when I burn them, my room smells burnt. For that reason, I usually go for sweeter scents even though I don't enjoy sweet things (candies, cakes, chocolates, etc). Sweet scented candles like Lavender Vanilla smell really nice & warm when you burn them!



5) GLOVES OR MITTENS?



- For efficiency purposes = gloves. For cuteness = mittens



6) FAVORITE HOLIDAY MEMORY?



- When I used to live in Vietnam back in the late 90 s, I participated in my church's Christmas skit. The skit basically reenacted the whole Christmas shabang-three wisemen, Joseph & Mary, etc. In the skit, I was one of the angels that danced around the Holy family. After the performance, I would come home to a very festive family dinner with my family & parents' friends. My bedtime was around 9p.m., but Christmas Eve was the only day/night that I was allowed to stay up past midnight to celebrate Christmas. Of course.. I would fall asleep before midnight, but it was still nice to have the privilege to stay up late without getting smacked in the face with Asian sandals.



7) DO YOU STAY IN YOUR PJS OR GET DRESSED ON CHRISTMAS MORNING?



Who has the time to dress up on Christmas morning? Just kidding. I'm all about being comfortable so I usually stay in my PJs. I only get ready & dress up at night for Christmas dinner with la familia.



8) FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONG?



- Christmas Canon by Trans-Siberian Orchestra is my all time favorite holiday song. I heard this song back in sophomore year in high school. When I first listened to the lyrics and rhythm of the song, I could vividly imagine my future family (the hubby & kids) all warm & cozy while enjoying hot chocolate in front of our beautiful fireplace. I hope this picture will come true in about 10 years (:



9) HARDEST PERSON ON YOUR LIST TO SHOP FOR?



- My dad .. Other than button ups & dress shirts, I don't really know what to get for him that's under $20. It's truly a struggle every year on Father's day, his birthday, and Christmas. I feel like he has everything that he needs& it's even more difficult because he doesn't drop hints.



10) EGGNOG OR HOT CHOCOLATE?



- I'm ok with both. I personally like eggnog with cold milk more because I prefer cold drinks over hot drinks.



11) CAN YOU NAME ALL OF SANTA'S REINDEERS?



- For the life of me, nope. Rudolph is my homie because he's the only one I know.



12) FUNNIEST/WEIRDEST GIFT YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED?



- "Happy birthday" balloons from mom. My birthday is around Thanksgiving so she thought it was the best idea ever to combine Christmas & my birthday to get my belated birthday balloonsYou were not so clever, mom!



13) ANY NEW YEARS RESOLUTION? & ARE YOU GOING TO STICK TO THEM?



- I don't wait until New Years to make resolutions because I believe that every day (or even every second) is a brand new start.



14) #1 ONE THING ON YOUR HOLIDAY/WISH LIST?



- As cheesy as this soundsI want to be granted one wish that will come true. If not, a Tiff & Co. diamond ring works too (:



15) DO YOU HAVE A FAKE OR REAL TREE?



- 110% Fake. I think it's a hassle to cut down a tree, find a way to drag it home, and clean it up when it dies. Some people may find that real trees are more beautiful. If that's you, then you go girl/dude!



16) DO YOU BUY YOUR PRESENTS IN ADVANCE? OR WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE?



- I tend to buy my gifts several days before Christmas because that's when sales are my homegirl. HeyI love the people on my Christmas list and all, but my wallet doesn't. However, this year.. I got mom her Christmas gift since September because she wanted this item for awhile and kept hinting me. When I saw that it was on sale (sorry, I'm cheap), I snatched it! I know. I deserve the "Best Daughter" award (:



17) DO YOU GET WHITE CHRISTMAS WHERE YOU LIVE?



- I wish, but I don't at the same time. I love snow.. but maybe for a day. I suck at handling anything that's below 65F.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment